Thursday, November 7, 2013

Zoo Med Reptile Basking Spot Lamp 100 Watts 2 Bulb Value Pack


Cheap, but beware.
I've known several people who ONLY use this type of lamp because of the great value. Having 7 reptiles, we do go through bulbs. I find this lamp to be far lower quality as compared with others, and to not last as long. To increase product life, definitely don't touch the bulb when you install it (like a halogen there) or it'll burn out. Use a kleenex or oil-free cloth. One month I had 7 of these bulbs burn out in my different tanks less than a week after installation. Not very promising. Even when they do last, they don't last AS long as other products. Recently, I have just chosen to go with the incandescent blue bulbs... they last a lot longer and are far less fragile, although they don't "direct" the light as well.
No burnt out bulbs in a week and a half so far,
I ordered this product 5/23 and received in on the 25th. Product came packed pretty well and I had no problems putting it in. I used powder free latex gloves to install the bulb (as oil from fingers can cause lightbulbs of any type to burn out pre-maturely) I was a little worried from the negative reviews, but so far after a week my bulb has been going strong. I will update this review to reflect how long the light bulbs have lasted me.
Good but
Bought these bulbs for my bearded dragon. They are bright and do their job. My biggest gripe is that one of the 2 bulbs burnt out in about a week. Making them roughly $20 for 1 bulb in my case, hardly a bargain. Bottom line get the good bulbs, I've been using exo-terra bulbs until now with no complaint and I expect I'll switch back as soon as this bulb burns out.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment