Tuesday, November 12, 2013

TetraFin Flakes, 7.06-Ounce


This one's for the fish

Simply the best small pond fish food I've found - regardless of price
Don't know which fish food to buy? I didn't either. So I started buying various brands and noted the way my fish and pond reacted. At first I thought "What do fish know about taste and quality? One food's the same as the next." How wrong I was! My pond is about 200 gallons in which live 13 comets, walkin and shubunkin. The largest fish is an 8" comet. This flake-style food floats, as well as all the other brands I tried. It makes it easy to observe how quickly the fish take the food and whether they spit it out after taking it. In retrospect, of 5 competing products I tried previously, the fish ate all of them but seemed disinterested, taking the offered food only because there was no alternative, not because they were particularly fond of it. Then my daughter recommended that I try TetraFin Flakes. I first bought 7 ounces, fearing that it would be "more of the same". The difference, however, was nothing short of amazing. Suffice it to say that the fish "attack" this food in what can...
Fussy Fish
I bought a house last year and inherited some fish in a pond. The seller left some food behind and when the fish finally awoke from their winter sleep I gave them some of the food. There were two kinds of food--one flake and one in stick form. They didn't seem to like the stick variety so I tossed it and fed them the flakes. Inevitably I ran out of the flakes and went to purchase the same product. The Petco store was out of that brand. I picked a similar flake food and brought it home and tossed it in the pond. The fish rushed out as they usually did for food but seemed a little taken aback by this new one. I figured "different food--takes a while to adjust". The next day they seemed less interested. By the third day they didn't even bother to come out of their little cave under the waterfall. Point taken. I went to a different Petco and found the right brand and brought it home. They were a little slow trusting me but by the second feeding they were happily rushing out...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment