Friday, November 8, 2013

No/No Forest Green Original Bird Feeder with Roof Extension G00311


No No? No wait -- it's Yes Yes!
Nice idea -- it does keep the seeds fresh, no cleaning needed, and the birds like it, but so does the squirrel! This particular guy will stop at nothing. I have found him clinging to the mesh, like a bird, and eating his fill. As a last resort, I have sprinkled the seeds with white pepper powder (apparently the birds don't mind it) and poured tabasco on the rod holding the feeder. POSSIBLY Mr. Squirrel will finally be discouraged!
Birds seem to love it!

No/No original bird feeder
I purchased this feeder after squirrels destroyed a wooden feeder I was using to dispense sunflower seed. It's attractive and seems very durable, and while it doesn't keep squirrels from feeding, it's unlikely they can damage it. I like that the mesh design allows birds like chicadees to perch on the side instead of on the ring. And it holds a good amount of sunflower seed, so I'm not having to refill it every day or two. The one gripe I have is that the perch ring seems too close to the feeder, making it hard for cardinals to feed. They do use it, but only with a lot of wing flapping to keep their balance.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment