Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lixit Corporation DLX0686 No Drip Dog Top-Fill Water Bottle, 44-Ounce


Was leaky...works like a dream now!
Just received it this evening, followed set up directions and it started leaking before I could even finish filling it up. I emailed the Lixit company customer service department and actually received a response back almost immediately AND the customer service rep was actually on vacation...now THAT is service!!! She suggested to dismantal the tube parts and reassemble and it works perfectly now. Because this company uses USA Adults with Disabilities to assemble this product, there is a chance that some are assembled incorrectly (not machine assembled)...I love that they employ these U.S. individuals...so it is worth it to have the fix myself in a matter of a few minutes to support companies like this!
Works well, but not for large dogs
The bottle itself seems to work well--no drips unless something is pushing the stopper ball around. I got it because my dog is a very sloppy water drinker and doesn't seem to swallow his last gulps--just drools it all over the floor. Raising the bowl helped some, I thought this bottle might eliminate the problem. But it's more like a tease of water for him than a drink. If I push the stopper ball in and hold it there with my finger, than it becomes more than a trickle of water--but the dog can't do that and drink at the same time. So, for him, it's just a tease--he keeps licking the ball and getting tiny drops of water, but I think he'd have to be there for 20 minutes to get a real drink! Maybe if he learned when he was younger? Anyway, in case someone else is looking at this bottle as a solution for the same problem, thought I'd let you know that the bottle itself works--but it didn't work out for us!

Update--my sister (who is more experienced with dogs than I am)...
No Drip....Hah. Complete RUBBISH
This "No Drip" bottle is FALSE ADVERTISING, either that or I got a bad bottle. I must say, if it had worked...I would have no problem giving this product 5 stars because it is so versatile in the fact it can attach to the outside or inside of the cage with out any tools to assemble. The snap in feature allows you to place the water bottle anywhere in the cage and you can pivot the bottle to whichever angle you choose. The flip top cap only makes it that much more convenient rather than taking it off a metal stand or unscrewing the ball point cap to refill. However, all these great features are USELESS when the bottle will not stop dripping! I just received the bottle and immediately put it up, I thought I would give it a little time to seal off the water from coming out though it's not suppose to have a problem because it does not operate like the other vacuum ball point dispensers. Well one drenched towel and whole bottle of water later....still dripping. I'm being patient here, so I...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment