Friday, November 8, 2013

Perfect-A-Strip Incandescent Light, Black, 12 1/2"


Decent Light for very small aquariums when using CF bulbs
No surprises here, good for a 2 1/2g or a 5 1/2 gallon with a glass top. It has one socket, which I use a Compact Fluorescent (CF) bulb in to maximize efficiency and still provide good lighting. I am actually using this to supplement a Perfecto 20" Fluorescent strip, which by itself, barely provides enough light for a 10Gal with live plants.

Pros - Works as it should

Cons - Has an old-style small black turn switch, as opposed to a push button (like the other Perfecto lights), which can be annoying to use at times.

P.S. The description doesn't state, but this is a single bulb fixture
Love it!
This tank light fits my 2.5 baby fry tank extremely well! I love it! I use the Aqueon brand "Colormax" color enhancing mini compact florescent (for saving power and better lighting) bulb ( 6"L; 10 watt lamp) and it works beautifully! The colors are extremely vibrant in the tank and I don't mind that it has a turn style black knob on the side. This also comes with a little strip "stand" thing (not sure what to call it" that's a few inches long (it that), to hold the light in place. Make sure you figure out where you want it before gluing it, and I guess I was too impatient for mine to let the adhesive (comes already on the "stand") completly set, so mine ended up sliding, but this won't happen if you let it set like the instructions say. haha! oops? ;)
Great Strip Light!
I been looking for a light source for my 2.5 gallon fish tank... check everywhere..

I was going to go for a desktop lamp...which would looks bulky and big behind my rack shelf. Plus it won't even fit...

Did a research online on strip light or hood light.... no hood light but this strip light.

I read the review on it and instantly place an order.

It arrive well package.

Put in one of the CFL light bulb from walmart fish department and the whole tank light up very nice. Gives my tank a very nice and natural look...mine is on a timer.

It comes with a sticky pad to place ontop of your glass lid so the hood stay in place....awsome!!
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment