Sunday, November 10, 2013

(1) Cresci Products Window Wedge (2 Per Pack) WHITE color


Best security device!
I bought a few of these on the advice of a friend and I am glad I did! I live on the ground floor with windows that open wide. After one break-in into my apartment I was scared to leave the windows open, even when I'm home. I was scared for my life! My landlord stipulated that I can't make modifications to the apartment, so bars were out of the question. A friend of mine told me about these wedges and I got them.

Today I left the bathroom window open (with the wedges in place set at 4 inches) while I went shopping. I came home and tried to close the bathroom window, but it was tight against the wedge. This means that there was another attempted break-in! The wedges worked!
Perfect, Simple, Cheap
Two years ago tomorrow my (then 16 month old) son fell out a second story window of our house onto our driveway. After a terrifying ambulance ride and night of MRIs and X-rays the doctors concluded that the fracture in his skull wasn't too bad and he came home bruised but healthy. There were two intelligent, alert adults in the room when my son fell out the window. We were changing diapers and putting on pijamas with his siblings when in a couple wiggles he was up the chair and up onto the windowsill. The warnings on screens are sincere, they do nothing to retain a child leaning against them.

When we went to childproof our windows after this we tried several options, including fancy locks that screwed in to the metal frame and could switch between locked and unlocked (in the event of a fire). One after another we'd go to open a window with muscle memory of the window opening all the way, and smash the locks right off.

Velcro and tape didn't really seem like it...
A simple, effective safety device
I wish I'd known about these a long time ago!!

These are so easy to install: Pull off the adhesive back to the Velcro strip and adhere that strip to the sides or bottom/top of your window sills at designated amounts that you may safely want your window open. Then stick the wedge with Velcro on the back onto the Velcro on the window and when you open your window, voila! The wedge "locks" itself onto the connecting Velcro! Very simple and very effective!! It is easy to take off the wedges from the Velcro on the window -just pull off, then you can open your window wider.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment