Friday, November 8, 2013

SunPaq Dual Actinic Aquarium Lamp 65watt


bulb went out in 60 days, but only 30 day return policy
Be careful if you order, bulb quit working after 60 days. Went to led but wasted money on this bulb.
Good light is critical for marine acquarium
I have a current USA Orbit 2 x 65W power compact hood on a 29Gal tank. The bulbs arrived well packaged. I bought both the dual actinic (this product page) and the dual daylight 65w 4 pin bulbs.

Bulbs were clearly sunpaq retail and not off brand or OEM. They inserted with almost no force into the socket. The pins were covered with a dark paste and then covered by a cap. Remove the cap and slide into the socket, no problem. Hope you weren't supposed to wipe off the paste. I didn't. On an orbit hood you slide the bottom clear plastic panel out - no fasteners to unscrew, very nice.

All of the power compact bulbs lose a good percent of light output over time. Conventional wisdom is to replace bulbs after a year. My old bulbs were also sunpaq of the same frequency range and about 18 months old. The new bulbs are enough brighter than the old bulbs that some mushrooms I have reacted by curling up. Think I'll cut the hours of light for the first few days...
fast service
fast service good quality same as description.I dont know what else to said But I need to submit a minumun words on my review :) Thanks!!!
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment