Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Petmate Softbite Cat Toy, 4-Pack, Foam Mice


Please use caution with this toy!
Initially I thought this was going to be a great toy for my two cats. My female, Calypso, decided she was not interested in this toy at all. My male, Devereaux, was definitely interested in this toy. Like a previous reviewer, I pulled off some of the glued-on pieces in addition to cutting most of the tail off so my cat wouldn't pull them off himself and eat them.
For the first three days I was impressed with how this toy was holding up. I did see bite marks in the foam from Dev's teeth, but it wasn't falling apart. The last I saw of this toy was when I saw Dev swat it under a sofa, and I didn't see him playing with it for the next couple weeks.
Then I noticed Dev's activity level had slowed down, and I would see him paw at the side of his face from time to time. Thinking he must have a sore tooth I made an appointment with our vet. The appointment was two days away, and in that amount of time Dev stopped eating or drinking water. Just hours before his appointment I...
As always, depends on your kitty!
Our cat loves these foam mice because they bounce around on our tiled floor and she can pick them up with her teeth. If your kitty loves bouncy balls then this could be a winner. However, I gave 4 stars because they're not great quality. The eyes, nose etc. are glued on when really you want something stiched (like Kong brand). I usually pick off the eyes (eek!) before I give them to our kitty, just in case she bites them off and eats them.
Fantastic!!
My boyfriend's cat loves playing fetch, usually with balled up pieces of paper. The only problem with this is after she's done playing, there are little pieces of paper all over the floor. I bought these mice with the hope that she would play with these. It worked great! She LOVES these mice, and will run back and forth fetching one all day. They seem to be holding up well also--there are definitely teeth marks in the foam from her picking them up and bringing them back, but they haven't shown any signs of falling apart.

I will definitely buy these again when she's worn the 4 in the package out, but I don't think that will be anytime soon!
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment