Friday, November 15, 2013

Soft Claws for Cats - CLS (Cleat Lock System), Size Medium, Color Clear


Great way to save your furniture
I have been using another brand of claw caps for several years and recently switched to these because they're a bit less expensive. I have had no bad experience with the quality of the caps, they seem identical to the original brand (SoftPaws).

I would like to address a few comments from other reviews.

In general if your cat will allow you to trim its claws, you won't have difficulty in applying these. The first application may need to be done over a few days because they may get tired of you messing with their claws before all ten are applied.

If you go into an enclosed room (bathroom) to apply them it is much easier because the cat knows there is no escape, and therefore will fight you less. My extremely large cat is simply uncomfortable being held on my lap, so I make him lay on the bathroom counter to get his claws done. The smaller cat I just sit on my lap and trim/apply from there. Neither loves to have their claws done, but both tolerate...
Soft Paws
I was a bit skeptical at first, but the tips were super easy to apply, and the cats just couldn't care less. They tried to lick them off at the very beginning but quickly gave up. Now the little devils can't scratch anymore! BWAHAHAHAAAAA!
A must try
So I have had my cat for about 8 years. She trashed my older couch and chairs but as they were purchased used, it really didn't matter to me. However when I decided that I wanted new furniture I considered getting my cat declawed because I knew eventually she would ruin my the new furniture too. I actually made an appointment to have my kitty cat's fingers cut off but had a change of heart. I figured why not try a less extreme measure first and purchased the soft paws on a recommendation of a friend.

First of let me tell you, to be able to use soft paws you need to know how to properly cut a cat's nails. It isn't hard, really. I figured out how to do it. Cosmo didn't like getting her nails cut when I first started to do it. But eventually she became used to me doing it. (Treats associated with nail cuts seemed to do the trick.) It took a while for Cosmo to allow me to cut all her nails at one time, but she now she doesn't mind it at all. I have been cutting her...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment