Monday, November 11, 2013

Purina One Cat Smartblend Chicken and Rice Cat Food, 16-Pound


One of the better diets out there
Having worked in the veterinary field for many years (>25yrs), I'm not taken in by the "healthy food" fads of the last few years from brands that came from nowhere and don't actually utilize a nutritionist to develop their diets and don't actually put any real research into diet development.

Very few brands actually do the above, and Purina is a long standing company with a good history of actually doing the footwork to make a good diet that pets actually like. Back in the day, I used to home cook for my dog when commercial diets didn't suit his GI tract. Since the 80's, diets have gotten better, and so has my knowledge of them. I fed Purina ONE to my next dog, and he did fabulously on it. I've since started feeding some stray cats in my neighborhood, and this is the only diet they'll eat that matches the protein, fat, and palatability of more expensive diets that I was no longer able to get at a discount to make it worth buying. I've tried feeding other...
Only cat food I'll use
This is the only food I feed my cats. All 4 of my cats came to me as strays, and the formula gives them a very shiny coat within the first week of eating it. I've heard that this is true of the formula for dogs as well.
good deal
This is all my cats will eat. Sensitve stomachs and they devour this. Lasts along time and does not get stale like many others
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment