Saturday, November 16, 2013

KONG Squeezz Ball with Handle for Dogs, Medium, Colors Vary


Very durable
Even after the rope is chewed up, the ball survives (and still squeaks!). Good for dogs that like to play tug of war or fetch with a person.
Good Design, Not Quite Sturdy Enough
My Labrador can basically destroy anything except a Kong Classic. He even goes through Nylabones. So I knew this toy wouldn't necessarily hold up long for him. But it has still held up longer than I expected. I only bring it out when we're playing tug-of-war together (in other words, he's not chewing it apart on his own), but after a month of playing, the handle is partly broken up and the rope is starting to wear through in one place.

The design is great, though -- perfect for for tug-of-war. I would love it if Kong could make this design with sturdier rubber and a tougher, thicker piece of rope. The ball part is fine, but the handle is pretty easy to chew through. If they made the handle of the same material that they make those Kong classics (those red ones you put peanut butter in) and made the rope a little thicker, it would get five stars from me instead of four!
Miniature Schnauzer Loves It
We adopted a friend's dog and eventually figured out that she wants to play fetch with something other than a tennis ball. From the moment she saw this toy (ours is purple) she has loved it. She gets excited just seeing it, and asks to be let outside so she can play with it. It throws easily, the grip is comfortable in my hand, and the dog has gnawed for short periods of time (a half-minute at the most) without any damage to the rope. She also likes to play tug-a-war with it. The ball squeaks when I squeeze it but my dog isn't interested in trying to bite it herself. She's not a large dog (only 13lb) and her jaw isn't big enough to bite the ball. I would definitely buy this again.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment