Monday, November 4, 2013

Fluker's Red Heat Bulbs 100 watt


Didn't last long
I ordered this in mid-november and began using it shortly after it was received and the bulb is already burned out. I'm not sure of the expected life of the bulb, but I would expect it should last longer than a little over a month. I'll be calling Fluker to see if they will replace it or if this is expected.
Doesn't look special but it works great!
It looks like a normal light bulb, not the kind you find in pet stores that are wide and flat, but the heat lamp evenly disperses the heat anyways, and this one is less than half the price. I bought 2 but I've had the first one in for a couple months now and it hasn't popped, so I'd highly recommend this light.
Emits great heat and is less obnoxious than standard white light.
I have tried the various daytime/nighttime bulbs for heating my hermit crab tank. The majority of the daytime bulbs burn out in a month or so, and the night time bulbs are either too dark or do not get hot enough. This red light is the best of both worlds. It emits enough heat that it keeps my hermit crab tank between 75 - 79 degrees at the hottest end. It also provides enough light at night that I can see inside the tank, but is dark enough that the crabs get active during their night hours. It is a very mild red glow that emits into the rest of the room, which is barely noticeable from outside of my apartment window. With previous lights it looked as though I had my entire living room lit up 24/7.

I will definitely purchase Fluker's lights from here on out.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment