Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C.E.T. Toothpaste - Enzymatic Tartar Control, Beef Flavor, 70 g


My dog loves it!
Decided to try this C.E.T. toothpaste out when the first kind of toothpaste we bought for him (Dr. Wilsons) made him gag and puke everywhere for over a day. This toothpaste doesn't do that, so thats a huge plus. I'm assuming this is because there's no foaming ingredients in this. He actually likes the beef flavor, so brushing his teeth isn't nearly as bad as it was with that brand of toothpaste.

70g doesn't sound like a lot and in all honestly it's not a ton (not as big as a regular sized humans toothpaste), but it's actually a pretty decent amount. I compared this to Petrodex toothpaste and I chose this for my dog simply because it had less filler and more ingredients that actually have a PURPOSE (read: enzymes; it has one more enzyme, lactoperoxidase)! I see that some people are worried about sorbitol and dextrose being in the toothpaste, but dont be. Almost all other pet toothpastes have these ingredients and they are present in such minute amounts that they dont really...
great product, take it from a professional
I am a registered dental hygienist (for people) who has also cleaned dog teeth in veterinary settings as well as my own dogs' teeth at home, so I can attest to the importance of good oral care for us and our pets! Regular effective cleaning can help guard against both tooth decay and gum disease (which causes the teeth to become loose and fall out eventually). Cleaning your pets' teeth "in office" at the vet is a valuable service -one which I highly recommend; but it's hard on your pet (anesthesia req'd) and on your pocketbook; so if you can do it once every few years instead of every year, you will both be better off! Let me be clear: if your vet recommends in-office treatment, then you should do it -there are many problems which they can diagnose and treat only in their office under anesthesia. But in the meantime, and afterward, you can do a lot at home.

I've had great success with C.E.T. Enzymatic toothpastes -they work great, imho better than competitors' brands,...
My cat and dog like it.
Our pets like the taste just fine, no fighting the nitely teeth brushing routine. I was sorry to see the price went up over 8 bux but because it's a clear gel, it does last longer than the other toothpaste. I just wish the manufacturers would make the tube with a more pliable mat'l. Getting maximum product out of it can be a wrestling match (even w/the toothpaste squeezers we use). Sometimes the tube will split just enough to start oozing...yuck and wasteful.
But overall, it's a necessary product for our pets (we lost a dog too early because of bad teeth).
UPDATE 3.4.12: It may be worth checking price at vet's office first. Ours was selling for $8 while these distributors had it over $9.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment