Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Swheat Scoop Natural Cat Litter, 25 Pound Bag


Best cat litter period
Clumps well. Hides smell. Lasts a long time. Flushable. I have been using this for years and tried many other options. Swheat Scoop is my preferred choice and my cat's favorite too.
Worked great for years, but now they have a bug problem
I've been using Swheat Scoop for the past seven years, and have been a big fan of it. It clumps well, controls odors, isn't excessively dusty, doesn't cling to my cats' paws like cement, and doesn't aggravate my cats' breathing problems.

A few days ago, I opened up a fresh package of Swheat Scoop, poured it into a clean empty litter box, and was horrified to see that there were hundreds of small insects in it. Yes, hundreds. Most of them were dead, but I can't be certain that they were ALL dead, so I immediately dumped this brand new litter into a garbage bag and threw it out. The LAST thing I need in my life right now is a bug infestation.

I went to a different store and purchased another package of Swheat Scoop. Brought it home, and had the exact same problem: full of bugs.

Swheat Scoop has a very firm statement on their web site about the "bug issue," claiming that there is no way the bugs can originate from the factory. Even if that's true,...
Sweet Sweat
I have been usuing Sweat Scoop for several years for our first-ever cat, but in conjunction with Feline Pine Scoop. I have used each seperately, but did not like them as well by themselves. The Feline Pine soaks up the liquid faster, but is dusty and sticks to paws. The Sweat Scoop takes longer to dry, but helps keep paws from tracking so much with less dust. I use about 2/3 SS and 1/3 FP. Odor is minimal if at all. Both are advertised as safer for the environment than other based litter.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment