Thursday, October 31, 2013

Dog Games Puzzle Paw Flapper


My OLD dog loved this!
My dog has NEVER wanted to play with any sort of dog toy, she won't even play fetch (she's kind of a weird dog in that way). However, I do know how much she loves her treats. Our dog is 14 years old, she can not hear at all anymore her vision is going, but she is still very playful with us. My dad thought it was a silly idea for me to waste my money on this item as our dog can't even eat hard food anymore. However, I know my dog and had faith that she would love this item. We broke it out on Christmas day...put a treat in it and the dog went to town. Our dog loved it. She might be deaf, her sight might be going, we will probably even have to put her down soon, but she still has a great since of smell. My dad even said "Well, I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks". Thank you for letting me see my dog SO excited over something again!
Paw Flapper a good puzzle! Star spinner a WASTE

has potential...but...
So our 1-1/2yr old boxer has tons of energy but little patience. He played with it for a few minutes and was able to figure out what was going on. He definitely did not like the rotating portion. Because boxers have shorter noses, he was unable to get into the little bowl area and retrieve the treat we had put in for him and the harder he tried the more the bottom portion rotated. In the end, he ended up getting frustrated (not the point of the toy), flipping it over and bullying his way to the treat. I think if his nose/snout was longer/thinner, he would have enjoyed the game more, but as he was physically limited it was more of a tease for him. If your dog is a boxer, bulldog, or other short nosed bread, I would look for something else.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment