Monday, October 28, 2013

Wellness Wheat Free Oven Baked Biscuits for Dogs, WellBars Yogurt, Apples and Banana, 50-Ounce Box


vegetarian, healthy dog cookies
I have 2 labs and one is extremely allergic; these dog cookies are rated well with the Whole Dog Journal The Whole Dog Journal's Guide to Optimum Dog Care: Good Eats - they have a monthly newsletter as well - the ingredients are whole and healthy and there is no chicken, which is really hard to find - my dog is allergic to chicken, eggs, beef, peanuts ... and he's on a grain-free diet - these cookies have oatmeal which is fine for him - so it's very hard to find a healthy dog cookie that works with his allergies and both dogs love them.
Great Biscuits!
My puppy received these biscuits as a Christmas present from his Mom. I don't normally purchase my dog food or treats online, but I will buy these again. Both my puppy and mature dog, LOVE these biscuits, and I am confident that they are made of the finest ingredients. I had some in my pocket while I was in the barn, and my horse started nuzzling my pocket, so I gave him one, and he loved them too! All natural ingredients make this an appealing treat for horses and dogs alike. Thanks, puppy-mama, for turning us on to Wellness Wellbars!
Good Ingredients & The Dogs Love Them
I have respect for the Wellness brand and have previously bought my dogs other Wellness treats. These WellBars are marketed as "bite size." My corgis love them! And, they can certainly eat them in one bite. But, for a medium dog, I consider these larger than bite size. Luckily, the bars are easily broken in two to provide a smaller snack. (Weight maintenance is a high priority with my chow hounds.)

Each bar has 24 calories. The first few ingredients are: ground barley, cane molasses, ground brown rice, whitefish, and sweet potatoes. There's no wheat, corn, soy, artificial preservatives/color/flavor.

This is a big box of treats. I do wish that the bag was resealable, but that's a quibble.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment