Sunday, October 27, 2013

Wall Mount Fish Bowl Aquarium Tank Beta Goldfish


Cute, but cruel. Sorry, but it's true!
I was really excited about finding this wall-mounted fish bowl, and when it arrived I was delighted. I got it set up (it was very easy to hang), added my beta and thought it looked fabulous. It seemed sturdily made, and truly was an attention-grabber and a conversations starter. However, after a short while I found myself looking at my beta, who hardly had room to turn around, and feeling pretty guilty about keeping a living creature in such a tiny world simply because I thought it was pretty to look (and contrary to popular belief, betas do not "like" living in cups because it mimics their natural habitat. This is a lie to get people to buy betas in cups). After a few weeks I broke down and bought a small aquarium. The beta is MUCH happier and frankly I am as well, because it addition to assuaging my guilt I find the beta much more interesting to watch now that he has room to spread his fins a bit. I now have aquatic plants in the wall-mounted bowl, and can enjoy its beauty...
Not using it for its intended purpose
I didn't buy these on amazon but I did but 2 of them at a pet store. I gave this product 5 stars because you don't have to use them for its intended purpose. As soon as I saw these an idea popped into my head. While I would never put a fish in here ever I bought some river rocks, and tea light candles. I covered the bottom with the river rocks filled the "tank" half ways with water and put in the tea light. It looks so beautiful and brings a smile to my face when ever I walk by them. Sometimes I take out the candles and put in a fake flower, or put rose petals in them. So many possibilities with this product but should never be used for fish.
We LOOOVE This Bowl!
I had actually bought this as a replacement for our old wall mount betta bowl. My Husband had made the mistake of using an abrasive cleaning pad on the old ones surface and scratched it heavily. So my recommendation is to only wipe it with a damp cloth if it needs cleaning.

But other than that it looks FABULOUS, a lot of people have admired it whenever they've seen it on our wall. It's mounts well on the wall (if mounted properly) and our little guy loves his little "high rise" home :D

I wouldn't recommend removing it from the wall to replace the water, use a siphoning pipe and bucket instead to remove most of the water and then replacing it with fresh water.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment