Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Blue Buffalo Indoor Cat Dry Food, Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe, 15-Pound Bag


I don't think you'll find any better
I have been feeding Blue Buffalo almost exclusively for about eight years now, and couldn't be happier. Prior to switching to Blue, one of my cats, who was twelve then, was losing fur to a point where she was bald nearly everywhere that she could reach, as she was licking and chewing constantly. She looked like she had mange, except I don't think that cats get mange. I took her to a couple of veterinarians. One insisted that she was overly sensitive to fleas, although we weren't finding any fleas. That didn't make sense to me since I had inspected her carefully and I knew that, with five cats, if one of them had fleas, they'd all have fleas. Another vet put her on steroids, which seemed to help some, except that it changed her personality, and that wasn't something I was willing to leave her on for life. Then someone mentioned food allergies, particularly to corn, soy and wheat. Not knowing any better, I had been feeding Science Diet, which was recommended by the veterinarian...
Much softer kitties!
Ever since I started feeding my four cats this food:
1. They've all stopped shedding 80%, still a bit during the winter and summer but not PILES of fur like before.
2. My 2nd oldest cat used to rip his hair out and hes stopped this, and his dry skin has cleared up completely.
3. All of my kitties are SO SOFT now it's ridiculous.

They also look so much healthier and seem a LOT happier. I totally recommend this food because the change in their visible health was SUPER DRASTIC in the best way possible.
Great value!
Blue Buffalo is pretty pricey, especially for a first-time switcher from cheaper store brands. However, I cannot say enough good things about this product. The person I adopted my cat from used to feed him premium organic food (not Blue). Thinking it was way too expensive (especially on a grad student budget), I gradually switched his food to IAMS. I immediately noticed troublesome changes: he started shedding like crazy, his poop was watery and sometimes even bloody, his fur lost its initial luster and became "stiffer." He was still the same cat, running around, all skittish and crazy, but he wasn't quite what he used to be. After trying several other "better" brands---none of which turned him around---I decided that I was going to be wasting more money bringing him to the vet and adding other weird supplements to his diet. Checking the ingredient list on the other premium foods, most of them listed random by-products, corn, and wheat as their primary ingredients. So, you are...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment